Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
pregnancy

Friday, November 26, 2010

From the beginning

The blog is about my journey through my 3rd pregnancy.  I am a sole parent of two children – 14year old girl (Caitlyn) and a 2 year old son (Oliver) – I am currently 4.4 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child.

My son and the new pregnancy have both been conceived using a sperm donor through Concept Fertility clinic.  It took 13 goes of AI to conceive my son over a 18month period – to say it was emotionally difficult would be an understatement – to be told over and over again that there was nothing was just heart breaking!  I was getting ready to start IVF when I finally fell pregnant.  

My current pregnancy was a lot lot quicker – I have managed to conceive on the 3rd attempt using AI – I changed doctors and he did take a slightly different approach given my previous history.  Both pregnancies have been conceived using Clomid (50mg).  When I went into this round I thought I would be able to handle it a lot better given that I have been the fully process previous – well I have to say something that ingiecy is bliss –  I think I knew too much this time and the expectation was so much higher – I turn 40 is just over a week and I felt that I needed to be pregnant before I turned 40 – the 3 months that I spend trying where extremely difficult - I think more difficult that the previous 12 – I was an emotional wreck!  I had already decided that if this 3rd attempt failed that I was not going to try any more as I was just struggling to much and it was having a negative effect on my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment