Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
pregnancy

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

6 weeks

Today I am 6 weeks pregnant – yesterday I turned 40!  40 and pregnant had you asked me 10 years if this is where I would be at 40 I would have said no way..
I am still feeling good – no nausea hopefully I won’t get any now - I would have thought it woulds have kicked in by now (had none with my 1st but 2nd was awful – started at 4wks, finished at 38wks!).  I am still really tired and my breast are still really really sore – I don’t expect any of this to setting for at least another 6 weeks but all in all I am very happy and feeling good.
What happening at 6 weeks?
The embryo is the size of a lentil this week. If you could see inside yourself, you'd find the fetus has an oversized head in proportion to its body. The embryo's facial features are forming with dark spots where the eyes are, openings where the nostrils will be, and pits to mark the ears.
Protruding buds that will become the arms and legs are even more noticeable now. The embryo's hands and feet look like paddles. Other developments include the growth of the pituitary gland and muscle fibres. You can't hear it yet, but the heart (which has divided into the right and left chambers) is beating at about 150 beats a minute -- twice the rate of yours.

Halfway through this week, the embryo makes its first movements. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until sometime in the second trimester before you get to enjoy feeling your baby's exercise sessions

Reference:  http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment/06weeks/

No comments:

Post a Comment